Here, we comes with the good news of Epic 4G Smartphone users now, you can update your device with the latest Cyanogen Mod 10 Jellybean 4.1 firmware version. Full credits will goes to the CM Team Epic user of XDA developers for coming up with this release.
As of now, there is no ETA on by when there will be an official update for this device. Unfortunately, there is no ETA given for the ICS or Jellybean update. So, this update will act as a very big bonus as officially the Epic 4G device comes with the Eclair 2.1 update.
And also, this update comes with the latest Google Apps Package which comes with all the latest Google Apps.
Since, this update can be apply only on the rooted firmwares, you must rooted your device. If you are not sure your device is rooted or not, you can check the same with the help of “Root Checker” which can be downloaded from the Google PLAY Store.
Pre-requisites to Update Epic 4G with Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware:
- Before start to apply this update you need to back up all the data (i.e SMS, MMS, Call log etc) present in your phone with the help of backup applications.
- It is necessary to keep a battery level of 60-70% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable preferably Uninstall all the antivirus tools in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode by selecting the appropriate option in your EPIC 4G Smartphone, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
DISCLAIMER: We should not held responsible or liable for any damages that occur to your device if you do not follow the given below instructions. But it is very unlikely if you follow them properly.
How to Update Epic 4G with Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Update:
- First, Download the Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Update Package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer.
- Once downloaded, then connect your Epic 4G device with Computer with the help of USB Data cable and place these files in your device.
- Be sure that you do not kept the files deep inside the sub-folders.
- Now, disconnect the device from the computer and turn OFF the phone so that it can be entered into recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- You can also download the “ROM Manager” app from the Google PLAY Store, flash the recovery image and select the option of “Enter into Recovery mode” for entering the device in recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from SD card” after which select the Sony Bravia Custom ROM Zip file after which the process of update will be started.
- Once the device is updated, you will be again landing back to the recovery mode screen.
- In recovery mode screen, select “++++ Go Back ++++” and then choose “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in Sony Bravia Engine Powered Custom ROM.
- Please make a note that the device may take longer time to than usual to boot the device and to show up the home screen as it is the first reboot after the firmware update.
NOTE : Apart from this, you can also apply this custom ROM firmware with the help of Clock Work mod recovery process.
Congratulations! now you have successfully updated your Epic 4G Android device with Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware.