If you’re a Galaxy Ace S5830, then we got interesting news for you since you can now update your device with all new Galaxy S III looking firmware which comes with newest Touch Wiz 5 interface launcher along with increased free RAM space.
Kindly be informed that this is not an official update by Samsung Electronics but this ROM has been developed by third party developers. This Custom ROM ropes in the latest Android 4.0 series of user interface which just not comes with better UI but along with that, it has several other enhanced features.
Note: This firmware can be applied only if your device is rooted and currently on Latest Cyanogen mod 9 firmware.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Galaxy ACE S5830 with Galaxy S3 Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Galaxy ACE S5830 with Galaxy S3 Firmware
- Download Galaxy ACE S5830-S3 Custom ROM Firmware Package directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the file you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode. To enter into recovery mode, press and hold Menu button + Power button.
- Next, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then select the S3 Custom ROM file as you transferred this file earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- After it is done, select the option of ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
Now when your Samsung Galaxy Ace Android Phone boots up, you would be running S3 Custom ROM.
Incoming search terms:
- UpdateGalaxyACES5830WithGalaxyS3Firmware HowTo -BestAndroidBlog