It’s been much time since Ace S5830 user got an upgrade version for Gingerbread 2.3.6 but now it’s good news for Galaxy Ace S5830 users as in due course of article we’ll be checking a tutorial to apply Official Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware dubbed as XWKTM version on Galaxy Ace S5830.
This update is officially launched for Spain users by Samsung Electronics. Another good part of this ROM is that applying this update won’t root your device and it’s a boot loader free update too.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Galaxy ACE S5830 with Official Gingerbread 2.3.6 XWKTM Firmware
- The tutorial we would see today is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. So, make sure you try this tutorial only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Galaxy ACE S5830 with Official Gingerbread 2.3.6 XWKTM Firmware
- Grab the XWKTM Firmware Package from here to your Computer. And extract both the ZIP file. Next, download Odin and extract and after that open it in your computer.
- Now you need to enter your device into download mode which can be entered by pressing and holding Volume Down key + OK key + Power button till the time you see a green robot on your phone confirming that you entered into download mode.
- Make sure you have Opened Odin in your computer.
- Now connect your phone to computer while ensuring Odin is open in your computer.
- As soon as you connect your phone to the computer, the ID: COM section in Odin will turn Yellow.
- Click on “OPS” tab to select “Cooper_v1.0.ops”, tick mark on “One package” option. Up next, you will have to select the file “S5830XWKTM_S5830OXXKT3_S5830XWKT7_HOME.tar.md5” by clicking on “One Package” tab and then finally click on ‘Start’ button present in Odin to start the process of firmware update.
- The process would take few minutes to complete. After it is done, the phone will reboot on its own and after you see the home screen on your device, disconnect your phone by removing the USB cable.
- Turn off your phone and enter device into recovery by pressing and holding Menu button + Power button.
- In recovery mode, select the option of ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’ so that you can clear the cache.
- Finally, reboot your phone by selecting the option ‘reboot system now’.
- And you have successfully updated your device.
Congrats, you have now successfully updated your Galaxy ACE S5830 Android smartphone with Official Gingerbread 2.3.6 XWKTM Firmware.
Incoming search terms:
- Download Official Android 2 3 6 XWKTM Gingerbread Firmware