Samsung has officially released the Official Value Pack XWKTQ Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware for Samsung Galaxy Ace smartphone. This stable stock firmware is not yet officially rolled all over the world.
Please make a note that as this is a official firmware you no need to root your device. Just in case, if you already root your smartphone the warranty might get void, but don’t worry now you can restore the same by applying this official firmware.
DISCLAIMER : Follow the given below steps at your own risk. We and even the developer will not be held responsible for damages takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre requisites to Update Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 with Official Value Pack XWKTQ Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware:
- We strongly advice you to take backup of all your datas which was present in your phone. But don’t try to backup your data with the help of KIES as it may not detect this firmware since Samsung has released this update only in the selected countries.
- Once you have created the backup, you need to enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Ensure that the USB Debugging option is ticked.
- You should left the battery level of atleast 60% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus tools in your Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 to avoid its interruption during the firmware update.
So, once you have finished over all the above mentioned instructions head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update in your Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 smartphone.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 with Official Value Pack XWKTQ Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware:
- First download Odin + OPS and XWKTQ Value Pack Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, then extract both files and open Odin in your computer.
- After that turn off your mobile so that it can be entered into the download mode. For that you need to press Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Just in case, your device starts in the normal mode, instead of download mode, you need to try again until it enter into the download mode, unless you can’t apply the update.
- Once the device is booted in the download mode, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable. Assuming that Odin is opened, you will see that the ID : COM section in your Odin turns Yellow which will indicate that all the drivers have been installed successfully.
- Now, all you need to do is to just click on “OPS” tab to select “Cooper_v1.0.ops”, tick mark on “One package” option. Up next, you will have to select the file “S5830XWKTQ_S5830XWKT8_S5830FRELT2_HOME.tar.md5” by clicking on “One Package” tab.
- Once you have selected the files, just click the “START ” button to start the firmware update process. Once it is applied, the device will be rebooted.
Congrats! You’ve now successfully updated the Official Value Pack XWKTQ Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware for Samsung Galaxy Ace android device.