Samsung Galaxy Captivate i897 users can now enjoy the benefits of Android Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware with the help of Slim ROM developers who released a custom ROM firmware. In due course of this article, we will check out the procedure for updating the Galaxy Captivate devices with this new firmware.
Please be informed that this firmware update is not an official one from Google or from Samsung but from a third party developer. So proceed at your own risk.
Disclaimer: We should be held responsible or liable for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update tutorial given below.
Pre-Requisites To Update Galaxy Captivate i897 with Slim ROM Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- The Slim ROM jellybean 4.1.1 firmware will only work on Samsung Galaxy Captivate i897 models. So don’t try it with any other models of Galaxy Captivate devices.
- To apply this update, your device must be rooted and installed with custom recovery image. Otherwise the update will not work.
- Take a complete backup of SMS, MMS, Contacts list, Call logs, etc., of the device using appropriate data backup applications.
- Ensure that your device has a minimum battery backup of 40%, otherwise it might get switched during the update.
- Disable all the antivirus programs in your device and computer, to avoid any interruption from them.
- Enable USB debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have done all the pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update instructions which is given below.
How To Update Galaxy Captivate i897 with Slim ROM Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- To get started, download Slim ROM Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update package in your computer and transfer the same to your device with the help of USB data cable. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device from the computer and turn if off.
- Now press the Volume Up Key + OK button simultaneously and while doing so, press the power button to make the Galaxy Captivate to enter into the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” followed by “Wipe Cache partition” to clear all the caches stored in the smartphone.
- Once done, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose Zip from SD card” and select the Slim ROM Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update package. The installation will begin and it will get completed with few minutes.
- Once the installation is over, the device will land back in recovery mode. Now, select “Go back” followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in normal mode.
Congrats! Now you have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Captivate i897 Android device with Slim ROM Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware.