In due course of this article, we will be checking out on how to install the latest Gingerbread 2.3.6 based adrenaline custom ROM firmware in the Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660 device.
Unfortunately, there will be no updates by Samsung for this device, so if you are expecting an ICS or a jellybean update then you will have to make use of custom ROM firmwares.
We have summed up the list of features, Pre requisites and detailed procedure below which will help you to update the Adrenaline Custom ROM Firmware in your Galaxy GIO S5660 android device.
Features of Adrenaline Firmware:
- Filesystem Are In EXT4 Format [ Best System Performance ]
- Disabled Journaling /system /data /cache In Default [ High Speed ]
- CF-Root b84 ex [ Overclock-able ]
- Best Battery Life Compared to Other Stock Based Custom Rom
- Superb Smooth and Speedy Compared to Other Stock Rom Based Custom ROM [ Bloatware Free ]
- Full deodexed
- ULTRA Lite [ Only 81mb ROM Size ! ]
- DT A2sd Applied
- Stock XWKT7 CWM Flashable Zip
- Full BLN support [ BLN Control Free Version Included In Addons Section ]
- Touchwiz30 Transparent Statusbar Mod
- DT A2sd Applied
- Smooth Scrolling Enabled
- ICS Transition Animations Enabled
- Crt Animation Enabled
- Ads Free
- Adrenaline™ CPU Control + Adrenaline Boost™ Included
- Better Touchscreen Sensitivity
Aside from this it controls your CPU a breeze| Adrenaline CPU Control, and also Boost your system performance | Adrenaline Boost
DISCLAIMER : Follow all the given below instructions properly or else it may cause damage to your device we should not held responsible or liable for that
Pre requisites to Update Galaxy GIO S5660 with XWKT7 based Adrenaline Custom ROM Firmware:
- Before start to apply this firmware update first check whether your device is rooted or not. Since this is a custom ROM firmware you need to root your device. If you are not sure about the same then download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store and check whether your device is rooted or not.
- Back up all the data (i.e SMS, MMS, Contacts, APN Settings etc) present in your phone. If you lost your data due to any reasons you can easily recover them with the help of backup. But never backup your device with the help of “ROM Manager” as it may potentially make your device completely dead.
- Please make sure that you have left the battery level of atleast 60% to avoid your device gets switched OFF while updating this firmware.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you confirmed you have done all the above mentioned instructions, then you can switch over to the next steps which we have given below on how to apply this firmware update in Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660 device.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660 with XWKT7 based Adrenaline Custom ROM Firmware:
- First download the XWKT7 based Adrenaline Custom ROM firmware package from here to your computer.
- Once downloaded, then connect your phone to the computer and place the zip file in your phone.
- Disconnect the phone from computer and turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. The recovery mode in the Galaxy GIO S5660 can be entered by Holding Menu Button and then Power ON the device.
- Please make a note that if the device turns ON into the normal mode then you need to try again to enter into the recovery mode. Additionally, you can also enter the Galaxy GIO in the recovery mode from the ROM manager app.
- In the recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the XWKT7 based Adrenaline Custom ROM firmware Package which you have placed in the phone.
- Once the device is updated, you need to select the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the device.
- If you want to check whether the device has been updated or not then you need to go to the path ”Settings > About phone” where the current firmware version will be shown as XWKT7 Adrenaline firmware.
NOTE : Just in case, if your device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just reinsert the battery and refollow the above mentioned instructions.
There you go! you have now successfully updated the Adrenaline based XWKT7 firmware in your Galaxy GIO S5660 device.
Incoming search terms:
- samsung s5660 custom rom
- rom 0 galaxy gio zip
- rom 0 gio zip
- rom gio zip