Galaxy Mini S5570 users have got something interesting today as they can now update their mobile devices with the new all new XWKTN Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware and we would see a detailed tutorial to apply this update on your devices.
Well, be informed that this update is officially launched for European Countries only, but still you can apply this update if you own Galaxy Mini S5570 irrespective of which country you belong to. So, let us move to steps to apply this update as well as the pre-requisites.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Galaxy mini S5570 with XWKTN Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with Galaxy Mini S5570. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Galaxy mini S5570 with XWKTN Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware
- Grab the Galaxy mini Firmware Package and Odin Pack from here to your Computer. Extract the two downloaded files in your computer. Open Odin in your Computer.
- Now you need to enter your device into download mode which can be entered by pressing and holding Volume Down key + Center key + Power button till the time you see a green robot on your phone screen which shows that your phone has entered into download mode.
- Make sure you have Open Odin in your computer.
- Now connect your phone to computer while ensuring Odin is open in your computer.
- As soon as you connect your phone to the computer, the ID: COM section in Odin will turn Yellow.
- Click on “OPS” to select “TASS_v1.0.ops” and then click on “One Package” option to tick the same and at the bottom of the odin click on “One Package” tab to select the file “S5570DXKPD_S5570OLBKPD_S5570DXKPD_HOME.tar.md5” from extracted zip file. And then finally click on ‘Start’ button present in Odin to start the process of firmware update.
- The process would take few minutes to complete. After it is done, the phone will reboot on its own and after you see the home screen on your device, disconnect your phone by removing the USB cable.
- And you have successfully accommodated the update.
Congo, you have now successfully updated the firmware to XWKTN Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware in your Galaxy Mini S5570 Android device.
Incoming search terms:
- S5570 with XWKTN Gingerbread 2 3 6 Firmware