Galaxy Nexus I9250 has got a new Android Jellybean firmware update today. The firmware which has been dubbed as Jellybean 4.1.1 can be installed on your Nexus GSM Version. Although it has been released by Google, this firmware is not yet available in all countries. We expect this update to be released gradually across the globe.
In due course of this article, we will check out how to update the Galaxy Nexus I9250 GSM smartphones with the newly released JRO03C Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware.
Important: We will not be held responsible or liable for the damages which might occur to your device by following the firmware update tutorial given below.
Pre-Requisites To Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 With JRO03C Android Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- The JRO03C Android Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware is only applicable for the International GSM versions of Galaxy Nexus smartphones with the model number I9250. So, don’t try it any other models of Galaxy Nexus android smartphone.
- Make sure to take complete backup of your contacts list, call logs, SMS, MMS, etc., in your device with appropriate backup applications to be on the safer side.
- Ensure that your device has a minimum battery backup of 60%. Otherwise, it might get switched off while the update process is going on.
- Disable all the antivirus applications in your device as well as your computer to avoid interruption from them.
- If you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead and follow the main update instructions given below.
How To Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 With JRO03C Android Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- Before getting started, ensure that your device bootloader is unlocked and TWRP recovery is installed. If not, follow the instructions for unlocking the bootloader and installing TWRP recovery available in the web.
- Now download the Jellybean 4.1.1 Release Package for Galaxy Nexus directly to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your smartphone with the computer and transfer the downloaded package.
- Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device from the computer and turn it off.
- Now press and hold the Volume Up along with the Volume Down button, and while doing so press the Power button, so that your Galaxy Nexus enter into the Clock work Mod recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card” and select the Jellybean 4.1.1 Release Package. The installation will begin and it will get completed within few minutes.
- Once it is over, the smartphone will land back on the recovery mode screen. Now select “Go back” followed by “reboot system now”. Upon reboot, your Galaxy Nexus will boot normally.
Congrats! Now you have successfully updated your Galaxy Nexus I9250 Android smartphone with the newly released JRO03C Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware.