MIUI custom ROM firmware for Galaxy nexus I9250 can now be applied to your devices and we’ll check the same in due course of this article. Before you apply this update, you need to ensure that your device is rooted.
If you aren’t sure about the same, kindly download the ‘Root Checker’ app from the Google PLAY Store. So, ensure that you your device is rooted or you’re on a rooted firmware. This MIUI ROM we’ll be checking below is based on the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 custom ROM firmware and this ROM offers all the advanced features and visual treats.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites to Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 with MIUI Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- This MIUI Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update is available only & only for Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 models. So don’t try it with any other models of Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Take full backup of your personal data like SMS, MMS, contacts list, Call logs, etc., from the device, so that if they are lost during the update process, you can use the backup to get back the data.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to ensure that it won’t get switched off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update procedure which is given below.
How to Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 with MIUI Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- To get started, download MIUI Custom ROM Firmware Package in your computer and transfer the same to your device with the help of USB data cable. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device from the computer and turn it off.
- Now press the Volume up Key + Volume Down simultaneously and while doing so, press the power button to make the device to enter into the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose Zip from SD card” and select the ‘MIUI custom firmware update package’. The installation will begin and it will get completed with few minutes.
- Once the installation is over, the device will land back in recovery mode. Now, select “Go back” followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in normal mode.
There you go! Now you have successfully installed MIUI Jellybean 4.1.1 on Galaxy Nexus I9250 Android Device.