Galaxy Nexus I9250 users can now update their devices to the latest Android version Jellybean 4.1.1 with the help of Pre rooted Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware. Updating your Galaxy Nexus Android smartphone involves a fairly simple procedure and we are going to discuss the same, in due course of this article.
Please be informed that firmware update is not an official one from Google, but from a third party developer and updating your smartphone to this firmware will void your device warranty. So, proceed at your own risk.
Important: We and the developer of this firmware will not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your Galaxy Nexus smartphone while following this firmware update tutorial.
Pre-Requisites To Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 With Pre Rooted Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- This Pre rooted Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware release is only applicable for the Galaxy Nexus international GSM version smartphones with the model number I9250. If you are using a verizon or different model of Galaxy Nexus don’t apply this firmware as it won’t support the device.
- Take complete backup of Contacts list, Call logs, SMS, MMS, etc., using appropriate backup applications before getting started with the procedure.
- Ensure that you device has a minimum of 60% battery charge left in it. Otherwise your smartphone might get switched off while following this update procedure.
- Those who are using Custom ROM firmwares on their Galaxy Nexus smartphone should have to clear up all the cache in the recovery mode, before applying this firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus programs in your device and computer, so that it won’t disturb the update process.
If you have followed all these pre-requisites, you can move on with the main update instructions which are given below.
How To Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 With Pre Rooted Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- Before getting started with the update procedure, unlock the Boot loader of Galaxy Nexus and install the TWRP recovery. Once done, download Pre Rooted Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware package to your computer.
- Now connect your device with the computer and transfer the downloaded package to it. Once transferred, disconnect the device from the computer and turn it off.
- Now press and hold the Volume Up, Volume down button of your smartphone and while doing so press the power button, so that your device can enter into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD Card” and select the Pre Rooted Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware package which we have transferred to the device before. The installation will begin and it will get completed within 5-10 minutes.
- Once the installation is over, select “Go back” in the recovery mode followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot normally.
There you go! Now you have successfully installed Pre Rooted Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware on your Galaxy Nexus I9250 Android smartphone.