Galaxy Nexus S 4G Smartphone users can now roll their sleeves to update their devices with the leaked version of Jelly Bean 4.1. There will be an official update of Jelly Bean 4.1 for Galaxy Nexus S 4G which will be pushed by Google but as of now, we’ve not got the exact date, when it would be rolled out.
The one for which we would be sharing a tutorial is unofficial and a leaked version of Jelly Bean 4.1 and as such, there are several things which may not work.
Note: Before applying this update on your Galaxy Nexus S 4G devices, you need to ensure that your device is rooted along with that Cyanogen Mod should be installed on your phones. If you apply this firmware, your device will have to be rooted and once rooted, the warranty gets void and the only way to revoke is by re-applying ICS update or official Jelly Bean.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites Update Galaxy Nexus S 4G with Jellybean 4.1 Firmware Update
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy Nexus S 4G. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
Steps to Update Galaxy Nexus S 4G with Jellybean 4.1 Firmware Update
- Download Jellybean 4.1 firmware Package directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the file you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode. To enter into the same, press and hold Volume Down + Power button.
- In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition for clearing all the cache data. Up next, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then select the Jelly Bean 4.1 firmware package as you transferred this file earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- Next up, in recovery mode, select ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
So, you’re done with the Android 4.1 update!