AOPK Build firmware are the most known firmware as they are really stable ones and high featured and improved performance. And what a great it is for all the people owning a Galaxy Nexus as they can also now update their devices with AOPK based Milestone 5 Custom ROM firmware.
Be informed that this is not an official update by Google. The current update is based on the newest IMM76I update and is only compatible with the devices which are on the latest 4.0.3 or 4.0.4 android version.
Also: Once you root your Android device, the warranty gets void, and the only way to revoke the warranty is by reapplying the firmware update.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Galaxy Nexus with AOKP based Milestone 5 Custom ROM Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with Galaxy Nexus. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Galaxy Nexus with AOKP based Milestone 5 Custom ROM Firmware
- Important! Your galaxy Nexus must be rooted and CWM recovery should also be installed.
- Download Milestone 5 AOKP ROM Google Apps .
- Transfer the files you downloaded to your phone’s internal memory by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into boot loader mode and to do the same, turn off your phone and then Volume up+ Volume Down and then hold both buttons simultaneously and press Power Button.
- In boot loader mode, choose ‘recovery mode’ with the help of Volume Keys and the hit Power button to confirm.
- In recovery mode, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then choose the Milestone 5 AOPK ROM and Google Apps, both the file as you transferred them earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- As its done, select, ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart.
Now when your Phone boots up, you would be running Milestone 5 AOPK ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus device.