Samsung Galaxy Nexus users got something to express joy for as their device got a new update namely Parandroid Custom ROM firmware as over a period of article, we will check a detailed tutorial to apply this update.
This Parandroid custom ROM firmware infuses in the tablet mode UI in the Nexus which further makes this custom ROM beautiful. So, let’s check out the tutorial to apply this update.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Galaxy Nexus with Parandroid Custom ROM Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with Galaxy Nexus. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Galaxy Nexus with Parandroid Custom ROM Firmware
- Download Parandroid Custom ROM firmware, Google Apps Package & Parandroid Fix directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the files you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into Boot Loader mode. To enter, Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button. In Boot Loader mode, select option of ‘recovery mode’ using Volume keys and then press Power button to confirm the same.
- In recovery mode, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then select the Parandroid Custom ROM, Google Apps ZIP package & Parandroid Fix as you transferred the file earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- As it’s done land back to the main recovery screen and then select, ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
Now when your Samsung Galaxy Nexus Android Phone boots up, you would be running Parandroid Custom ROM firmware.
Incoming search terms:
- parandroid rom