The newly released CyanogenMod 10 preview firmware is now available for the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 devices and in due course of this article, we will check out the procedure for updating Galaxy Note devices with this new firmware.
The CyanogenMod 10 preview firmware ropes on the Android Jellybean 4.1.1 version and since it is a preview release it got some bugs. So, if you are day to day user of Galaxy Note N7000 then we recommend you to wait for a more stable version to come out which we expect to happen in the following weeks.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites To Update Galaxy Note N7000 with Cyanogen Mod 10 Preview Firmware
- The CyanogenMod 10 preview firmware is available for Galaxy Note N7000 models. So don’t try it with any other models of Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Take full backup of your personal data like SMS, MMS, contacts list, Call logs, etc., from the device, so that if they are lost during the update process, you can use the backup to get back the data.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to ensure that it won’t get switched off during the update.
- Download and install the Galaxy Note drivers for Windows: 32 bit (x86) Windows | 64-bit (x64) Windows.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update procedure which is given below.
How To Update Galaxy Note N7000 with Cyanogen Mod 10 Preview Firmware
- To get started, download Cyanogen mod 10 Preview & Google Apps Package in your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer and transfer the packages to the device. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device and turn it off.
- Now press the Volume Down Key + OK button and while doing so, press the power button to see a warning message. Now press the Volume Down key to make the device to enter into the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe Cache partition” to clear all the caches stored in your smartphone.
- Once done, select “install zip from SD Card” followed by “choose zip from SD card” and select the Cyanogen mod 10 Preview package. The installation will begin and it will get completed within few minutes. Once done, repeat the procedure for installing the Google Apps Package.
- Once the installation is over, select “Go back” in recovery mode followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in normal mode.
There you go! Now you have successfully installed Cyanogen Mod 10 preview firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 android device.