Well, Galaxy Note N7000 got all new update and now your devices can be updated with the ICS XXLPY 4.0.3 firmware. Be informed that this is not an official firmware released by Samsung but a leaked firmware.
This update is dubbed as XXPLY firmware which is based on Touch Wiz firmware. In due course of article, we would be checking a step by step tutorial to apply this update.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Galaxy Note N7000 with ICS XXLPY 4.0.3 Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with Galaxy Note N7000. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Galaxy Note N7000 with ICS XXLPY 4.0.3 Firmware
- Grab the XXLPY ICS 4.0.3 for Galaxy Note N7000 & Odin from here to your Computer. Extract the two downloaded files in your computer. Open Odin in your Computer.
- Turn off your phone and Now you need to enter your device into download mode which can be entered by pressing and holding Volume Down key + OK (center) key + Power button till the time you see a green robot on your phone screen which shows that your phone has entered into download mode.
- Make sure you have Open Odin in your computer.
- Now connect your phone to computer while ensuring Odin is open in your computer.
- As soon as you connect your phone to the computer, the ID: COM section in Odin will turn Yellow.
- Click on ‘PDA’ to select the file ““N7000XXLPY_N7000XALPY_N7000XXLPT_HOME.tar.md5”” from extracted zip file. And then finally click on ‘Start’ button present in Odin to start the process of firmware update.
- The process would take few minutes to complete. After it is done, the phone will reboot on its own and after you see the home screen on your device, disconnect your phone by removing the USB cable.
- Turn off the phone and then enter it into recovery mode by pressing Volume down+OK+ Power key and then a warning message would appear, just ignore it and hit the volume down button to enter into recovery mode.
- In recovery select, ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’ and the reboot your device into normal mode.
- And you have successfully accommodated the update.
Congrats, you have now successfully updated the firmware to ICS XXLPY 4.0.3 Firmware in your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 Android device.