In this article, we are guiding you how to update XXLRQ ICS 4.0.4 for Galaxy NOTE N7000. Since, this firmware comes with many advanced features and stable modem you can find lots of benefits.
This latest update has the potential to fix all the issues related to frequent Wi Fi disconnections and issues related to frequent “No Network”.
One of the best part of this update is that it is an official firmware update released by Samsung and not the Custom ROM firmware and it can be applied to all the devices which have the model number as N7000.
Upto now, this firmware update can only be applied to N7000 International version of Galaxy Note, but soon it will extended to other operator devices in coming days.
Please make a note that you should not apply this update on the network locked devices.
Disclaimer : We should not held responsible or liable for any damages that occur to your device if you do not follow the given below instructions. But it is very unlikely if you follow them properly.
Pre-requisites to Update XXLR1 ICS 4.0.4 Firmware in Galaxy Note N7000:
- Before you start to apply this update in your device, we strongly recommend you to take a backup of all your valuable data (i.e SMS,MMS,Photos, Videos,Contacts) present in your phone. Because, in case if you lost your data due to any reason you can easily recover with the help of them.
- Make sure that you have left minimum battery level of 50% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you confirmed you have done all the above mentioned instructions, then you can head over to follow the given below procedure to apply this firmware update in your device.
How to Update XXLR1 ICS 4.0.4 Firmware in Galaxy Note N7000:
- Before start to update first download the XXLR1 Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer.
- Once both these packages are downloaded, extract in your computer with the help of WinRAR or WinZip to get the tar file named “N7000XXLRQ_N7000DBTLRQ_N7000XXLRK_HOME.tar.md5” and Odin Executable file.
- Open Odin tool in your computer and turn Off your phone so that it can be then entered in the download mode.
- The download mode in Galaxy Note can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Now, a Warning message will be shown when you need to press the Volume Up key to continue entering the Download Mode.
- Now, disconnect the device and follow the on screen instructions so as to use the device in the normal mode.
- In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys.
Note: In case if your device refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Samsung Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re-insert the battery to start the process from the beginning.
If you want to check whether the firmware update is applied or not then go to the path “Settings> About Phone” where the firmware update will be shown as ICS 4.0.4 version.
Congratulations! Now you have successfully updated the latest XXLR1 ICS 4.0.4 Firmware in the Galaxy Note N7000 android smartphone.