Galaxy Note N7000 users now have something to cheer up as their device got an all new update namely ZSLPF ICS 4.0.3 Firmware. Readers need to be aware that this is not an official release of firmware and neither we have any info on when there would be an official update.
Previously there was a XXPLY update and this update fixes all the bugs which were in the previous XXPLY build specifically screen brightness issues and force shut down of Google Play Store.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Galaxy Note N7000 with ZSLPF ICS 4.0.3 Firmware
- The tutorial we would see today is compatible only with Galaxy Note N7000. So, make sure you try this tutorial only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Galaxy Note N7000 with ZSLPF ICS 4.0.3 Firmware
- Grab the ICS 4.0.3 Firmware Zip Package from here to your Computer. And extract it. Next, download Odin3 v1.83 and after that open it in your computer.
- Now you need to enter your device into download mode which can be entered by pressing and holding Volume Down key + OK button + Power button till the time you see a green robot on your phone confirming that you entered into download mode.
- Make sure you have Opened Odin in your computer.
- Now connect your phone to computer while ensuring Odin is open in your computer.
- As soon as you connect your phone to the computer, the ID: COM section in Odin will turn Yellow.
- Next up, you need to click on the below mentioned tabs in Odin and select the respective files for each tab mentioned below from the extracted folder.
BOOTLOADER – N7000_APBOOT_N7000ZSLPF_CL558430_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5,
PDA – N7000_CODE_N7000ZSLPF_CL558430_REV02_user_low_ship .tar.md5,
CSC – GT-N7000-MULTI-CSC-OZSLPF.tar.md5,
Phone – MODEM_N7000XXLR1_REV_05_CL1144476.tar.md5,
PIT – Q1_20110914_16GB.pit (If your phone is of 16GB) or Q1_20110914_32GB.pit (If your phone is of 32GB)
- After selecting all the files from the Odin Window, Click on ‘Start’ to start the process of firmware update. The process would take few minutes to complete. After it is done, the phone will reboot on its own and after you see the home screen on your device, disconnect your phone by removing the USB cable.
- Now turn off your phone and enter it into recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + OK + Power button.
- In recovery mode, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’ so that you can clear the cache. Now select ‘Go back and then reboot system now to restart your phone into normal mode.
- And you have successfully accommodated the update.
Congo, you have now successfully updated your Galaxy Note N7000 Android device with ZSLPF ICS 4.0.3 Firmware.