As we here often, MIUI is one of the best Custom ROM firmware ever and now the same can be applied on Samsung Galaxy Note. Also, this new version of MIUI is dubbed as MIUI 4. In due course of this article, we’ll be checking the steps to apply this update and also a list of pre-requisites which you need to follow.
This isn’t a total stable firmware but still almost all functions work. Be informed that this update has not been announced officially by Samsung Electronics and it is a Custom ROM firmware released by MIUI team. This Custom ROM firmware is based on the ICS Android 4.0 release.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Galaxy Note with MIUI 4 ICS Custom ROM Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only Samsung Galaxy Note. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Galaxy Note with MIUI 4 ICS Custom ROM Firmware
- Download MIUI 4 Custom ROM firmware package directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the file you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode. To enter into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + OK + Power button.
- In recovery mode, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’ so that you can clear the cache. Next, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then select the MIUI 4 Custom ROM as you transferred this file earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- After it is done, select the option of ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
Now when your Samsung Galaxy Note Android Phone boots up, you would be running MIUI 4 ICS Custom ROM Firmware.