Seems like Samsung has stopped releasing updates or new firmware for the phone model, Galaxy R but we haven’t stopped the same as we’’ be checking a tutorial on how you can update your Galaxy R I9103 with Neo ROM v2.0 Custom ROM Firmware.
Be informed that this update is not launched officially by Samsung but it’s a ROM developed by third party developers. The best part of this Custom ROM is that it comes with various enhancements along with best visual themes.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Galaxy R I9103 with Neo ROM v2.0 Custom ROM Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only Samsung Galaxy R I9103. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Galaxy R I9103 with Neo ROM v2.0 Custom ROM Firmware
- Download Neo ROM v2.0 Custom ROM Firmware directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the file you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode. To enter into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Up + Menu + Power button.
- In recovery mode, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’ so that you can clear the cache. Next, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then select the Neo ROM v2.0 Custom ROM as you transferred this file earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- After it is done, select the option of ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
Now when your Samsung Galaxy R Android Phone boots up, you would be running v2.0 Custom ROM Firmware.