Samsung Galaxy S GT I9100 which is still powered with the Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware by default which can now be updated to all new version of ICS 4.0.4 firmware of IMM76I build and this is a custom ROM firmware.
It’s sad news that there won’t be any official ICS update for Galaxy S GT I9100 but this custom ROM we are going to see today has long list of features. Note that this is not an official update announced by Samsung electronics and is developed by third party developers.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with f4K Mod ICS 4.0.4 Custom Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Galaxy ACE S5830 with Galaxy S3 Firmware
- Download IMM76I Build Firmware Package directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the file you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode. To enter into recovery mode, press and hold Volume up + Volume Down + Power button.
- Next, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then select the S3 Custom ROM file as you transferred this file earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- After it is done, select the option of ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
Now when your Samsung Galaxy S Android Phone boots up, you would be running f4K Mod ICS 4.0.4 Custom Firmware.