Galaxy S GT I9000 gets lots of firmware updates and that too frequently and here comes yet another ROM for Galaxy S GT I9000 to flash with which gives ICS like experience.
Over a period of article, we will check a guide to install this latest ICS 4.0.4 firmware which is developed by Team Inferno and Cyanogen mod team. We should be thankful to the developers has they have came out with a remarkable Custom ROM which ropes into ICS 4.0 experience.
Note that this is not an official stock firmware by Samsung Electronics. This firmware has been dubbed as Brightside Evolution.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with ICS 4.0.4 Brightside Evolution Custom ROM Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with Galaxy S GT I9100. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with ICS 4.0.4 Brightside Evolution Custom ROM Firmware
- Download ICS Package & Google Apps directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the files you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode. To enter into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Up + home (middle key) + Power button. In recovery mode, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’ so that you can clear the cache.
- In recovery mode, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then select the ICS package along with Google Apps ZIP file as you transferred these files earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- After it’s done, select the option of ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
Now when your Samsung Galaxy S Android smartphone boots up, you would be running ICS 4.0.4 Brightside Evolution Custom ROM Firmware.