Here comes yet another update for Galaxy S GT I9000 and this time it’s the Value Pack XWJW5 2.3.6 firmware and some bugs have been addressed in this update which was found in the previous update JWJW4 firmware and over a period of article, we shall check out a detailed tutorial to apply this update.
Readers need to be informed that this update is gradually being rolled out across several parts of the world. Presently, we do not have any exact information on when it would be rolled out for all countries.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with Value Pack XWJW5 2.3.6 Firmware
- The tutorial we would see today is compatible only with Galaxy Galaxy S GT I9000 Android device. So, make sure you try this tutorial only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with Value Pack XWJW5 2.3.6 Firmware
- Grab the XWJW5 Firmware Zip Package from here to your Computer. And extract it so as to get a .tar file. Next, download Odin and after that open it in your computer.
- Now you need to enter your device into download mode which can be entered by pressing and holding Volume Down key + Center Key + Power button till the time you see a green robot on your phone confirming that you entered into download mode.
- Make sure you have Opened Odin in your computer.
- Now connect your phone to computer while ensuring Odin is open in your computer.
- As soon as you connect your phone to the computer, the ID: COM section in Odin will turn Yellow.
- Click on ‘PDA’ to select the “JW5_JV4_JW4.tar” file which can be found from the extracted folder and then finally click on ‘Start’ button present in Odin to start the process of firmware update.
- The process would take few minutes to complete. After it is done, the phone will reboot on its own and after you see the home screen on your device, disconnect your phone by removing the USB cable.
- Now turn off your phone and enter it into recovery mode by pressing a combination of these buttons: Volume Up + Center Key + Power button.
- In recovery mode, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’ so that you can clear the cache. Now select ‘Go back and then reboot system now to restart your phone into normal mode.
- And you have successfully rooted your device.
Congo, you have now successfully Updated Galaxy S GT I9000 with Value Pack XWJW5 2.3.6 Firmware.
Incoming search terms:
- Galaxy S I9000 Gingerbread 2 3 6 XWJW5 Value Pack Package download
- Galaxy S I9000 Gingerbread 2 3 6 XWJW5 Value Pack Package download |
- update my gt-9000t to v 2 3 6 to v4