Here comes yet another all new update for Galaxy S II GT I9100 which is the Pure look S3 ROM, also known as Design by Nature ROM. This custom ROM firmware is dubbed as XWLPG. Over a period of article, we’ll check a detailed tutorial along with a list of pre-requisites.
Be aware about the point that this is not an official firmware but a custom ROM firmware. The major plus of this ROM is that this firmware comes with the looks of Samsung Galaxy S3 as the entire icon and layout framework will look like that of Galaxy S3.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Galaxy S II GT I9100 with Pure Look S3 Custom ROM Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only Samsung Galaxy S II GT I9100. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Galaxy S II GT I9100 with Pure Look S3 Custom ROM Firmware
- Download Galaxy SII Design by Nature Custom ROM directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the file you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode. To enter into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Up + Home (middle button) + Power button.
- In recovery mode, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’ so that you can clear the cache. Also, select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache too if you are on the custom ROM firmware. Next, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then select the Design by Nature ROM file as you transferred this file earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- After it is done, select the option of ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
Now when your Samsung Galaxy S2 Android Phone boots up, you would be running Design by Nature or Pure Look S3 Custom ROM firmware.