All people who have been using Galaxy S II GT I100 got a reason to cheer up as their devices can now be updated with the WanamLite Custom ROM firmware which is stable custom ROM firmware.
Over a period of article, we will be checking out a detailed tutorial to apply this update along with a list of pre-requisites. Readers need to be aware that this update is not been officially announced by Samsung and it is a custom ROM firmware. Before you proceed, ensure that your device is rooted.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites Update Galaxy S II GT I9100 with WanamLite Custom ROM Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with Galaxy S II GT I9100. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Galaxy S II GT I9100 with WanamLite Custom ROM Firmware
- Download Wanam lite Firmware Package, MTP Enable Package, Hacked VPN Email APK Package, S Voice package, ICS Lock Screen Package directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the files you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode. To enter into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Up + home (middle key) + Power button. In recovery mode, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’ so that you can clear the cache.
- In recovery mode, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then select the Wanam lite Firmware Package, MTP Enable Package, Hacked VPN Email APK Package, S Voice package, ICS Lock Screen Package as you transferred these files earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes. Note: You can even skip the rest packages apart from the firmware package by not selecting them. It depends upon you that they are useful to you or not.
- As it’s done land back to the main recovery screen, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’ so that you can clear the cache and then select, ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
Now when your Samsung Galaxy S2 Android Phone boots up, you would be running WanamLite Custom ROM Firmware.