The Samsung Galaxy S plus GT I9001 users can now rejoice the benefit of Cyanogen Mod 10 firmware. Please make a note that this is not an official firmware update released by Samsung but it is a Custom ROM firmware with many added features.
The best part of this update is that it comes with all the goodness of Jellybean, unfortunately there will be no ICS or Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update.
Before start to apply this firmware update in your Samsung Galaxy S plus GT I9001 it is necessary to root your device. If you are not sure about the same then simply download the “Root Checker” app from the Google Play Store and check whether your device is rooted or not. If not so then root your device immediately.
At below we have summed up the things which have works and which are still to be worked upon below.
What Works :
- USB mass storage
- HW accelerated gui
- Video (sometimes you-tube crashes)
- Receiving and making calls
- Proximity sensor
- HW accelerated video
- 60% project butter
But the headset audio and Camera is not working in this firmware update.
Pre requisites to Update Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001 with Cyanogen Mod 10 Firmware:
- Before start to apply this update we strongly recommend you to take backup of all your precious data (i.e SMS, MMS, Call logs, APNs etc) present in your phone. Just in case; if your data might corrupted or erased due to any reasons you can easily recover them with the help of backup.
IMPORTANT : Don’t back up the data with the help of KIES PC suite because it does not support the Custom ROM Firmwares. And also note that with the help of ROM Manager too you should never backup the ROM or anything; as it may potentially brick the firmware or device.
- Once you have created a backup of the data, move all the backup files to your computer so that they are safe.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of atleast 40% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you have performed all the above mentioned instructions, then you can switch over to the next steps where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this firmware update in your Samsung Galaxy S plus GT I9001 device.
DISCLAIMER : Update this firmware at your own risk. If you do not follow the given below instructions properly it may damage your device we won’t be held responsible or liable for that.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S plus GT I9001 with Cyanogen Mod 10 Firmware:
- First download the Cyanogen mod 10 firmware package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer.
- Once downloaded, then connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the downloaded zip file along with the Google Apps Package.
- Please make a note that you should not place the zip files in any subfolders and place the same in the main root folder.
- So, once it has copied, the disconnect the device and turn OFF your phone so that it can be entered into the recovery mode.
- For that you need to press the Volume Up + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see the Green Android Robot along with the Recovery mode options list.
- If the device boots up in the normal mode, then retry the process. You can also alternatively enter the device into the recovery mode via the “ROM Manager” app.
- In recovery mode, select clear cache and wipe the data by selecting the appropriate options in the recovery mode. Also, disable all the lag fixes if there are any. Once done, select “install zip from external SD Card” to find the placed “Cyanogen Mod 10 Firmware”.
- Once you have selected it will take some time to apply the same. As soon as its updated, select the option of “Go back” to select “reboot system now” for rebooting the device.
NOTE : Suppose, if your device refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Samsung Logo then don’t worry just long press the power button to turn off the same or re-insert the battery to start the process from the start.
- If you want to check whether this firmware is successfully updated in your Samsung Galaxy S PLUS I9001 device or not then simply go to the path “Settings > About Phone” where it will be mentioned as Cyanogen Mod 10 firmware update.