All Samsung Galaxy S plus GT I9001 users can now update their devices with the all new released Cyanogen Mod 9 based IMM76I build firmware which lies on the latest ICS 4.0.4 firmware.
And be aware that this not an official firmware by Samsung Electronics and even we do have any info when there would be an official update. So, let’s head over to the step-by-step tutorial.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Galaxy S Plus GT I9001 with Cyanogen Mod 9 ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with Samsung S Plus GT I9001. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Galaxy S Plus GT I9001 with Cyanogen Mod 9 ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- Download ICS 4.0.4 Package & Google Apps directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the files you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode and to do the same, turn off your phone and then Volume up + Home Key + Power button.
- Once you enter recovery mode, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and next select ‘wipe cache partition’ and now you’re done with wiping your data.
- In recovery mode, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then choose the ICS 4.0.4 firmware package file and also select the Google Apps ZIP package as you transferred the files earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- As it’s done land back to the main recovery screen and then select, ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
Now when your Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT I9001 Android Phone boots up, you would be running Cyanogen Mod 9 ICS 4.0.4 Firmware.