Samsung Galaxy S PLUS 19001 users who have already rooted their devices can roll their sleeves up and get ready to install the latest Galaxy Nexus Styled Custom ROM firmware.
Readers need to keep a note that this update isn’t an official one released by Samsung Electronics and unluckily, there is not going to be any further ICS or higher version of android like Jelly Bean update for this device officially by Samsung.
We should be thankful to XDA member for developing this ROM. This firmware is awesome in terms of visual looks and pretty smooth too comparatively. The firmware has been named as ‘My Simple ROM’.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites to Update Galaxy S PLUS I9001 with ICS Nexus Styled Custom ROM Firmware
- This ICS Nexus Styled firmware update is available only & only for Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001 models. So don’t try it with any other models of Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Take full backup of your personal data like SMS, MMS, contacts list, Call logs, etc., from the device, so that if they are lost during the update process, you can use the backup to get back the data.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to ensure that it won’t get switched off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update procedure which is given below.
How to Update Galaxy S PLUS I9001 with ICS Nexus Styled Custom ROM Firmware
- To get started, download My Simple Custom ROM firmware Package in your computer and transfer the same to your device with the help of USB data cable. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device from the computer and turn if off.
- Now press the Volume up Key + Home Key simultaneously and while doing so, press the power button to make the device to enter into the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” followed by “Wipe Cache partition” to clear all the caches stored in the Smartphone.
- Once done, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose Zip from SD card” and select the My Simple Custom ROM firmware update package. The installation will begin and it will get completed with few minutes.
- Once the installation is over, the device will land back in recovery mode. Now, select “Go back” followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in normal mode.
There you go! Now you have successfully installed ICS Nexus Styled ROM firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S PLUS I9001 Android Device.