Now, the Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone users can update their device by using the new version of Omega 15 firmware. This firmware update ropes in all the latest features of ICS and also comes with many add on applications which will surely increase your overall user experience of Android.
Please make a note that it is not an official firmware update released by Samsung; it is just a custom ROM firmware released by third party developer. Full credits will go to XDA developer ::indie:: who has come up with this firmware update.
Tutorial to root the device:
Before start to apply this update you need to check whether your Samsung Galaxy S2 device is rooted or not. If not so then do that immediately.
If you not sure about your device is rooted or not then check that with the help of “Root checker” app which can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
DISCLAIMER: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-requisites to Update Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone with Omega 15 Custom ROM firmware:
- Before start to apply this update we strongly advise you to take backup of all the data (i.e SMS, MMS, Call logs etc) present in your phone. If you lost your data while applying this update due to any reasons you can easily recover them with the help of backup.
- Once you have created a backup of the data, move all the backup files in your computer so that they are safe.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of atleast 50% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you confirmed you have done all the above mentioned instructions, then you can switch over to the next steps which we have given below to apply this firmware update in your device.
How to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with ICS Omega 15 Custom ROM Firmware:
- First download the Omega 15 Custom ROM Firmware package from here to your computer.
- Once downloaded, then connect your Galaxy S2 GT I9100 device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in your phone.
- Now, disconnect the device and turn off the same so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. You can enter the device in the recovery mode via the ROM Manager app or manually.
- To enter recovery mode manually, press Volume Up Key + Menu button and then press the Power button to enter the device in the recovery mode. If the device boots up in the normal mode, then again follow the above steps so as to boot the device in the recovery mode.
- Now, in recovery mode select “Wipe Cache” and “Wipe data/factory reset” so as to make sure that all the data is wiped off successfully or else you may get errors like Force Close.
- Now, select “install zip from internal SD card” to get an array of files which are there in your device. Select the Omega 15 Firmware Zip file which you have placed in your phone with the help of Volume keys and power button.
- Now, wait for the firmware update to get applied successfully and once its done the phone will land up in the recovery mode screen where all you need to do is to just select the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the device normally.
NOTE : For rebooting the device it will take longer time than the expected time. If the device gets stuck in the S Logo for longer period of time then you need to re insert the battery and re follow all the above mentioned instructions.
Congratulations! You have now successfully installed the latest firmware update of Omega 15 Custom ROM firmware in your device.