All Galaxy S2 GT I9100 users have waited long when it comes to latest ICS Android 4.0.4 release of the latest ICS Android 4.0 release but you’ll no longer have to wait for this release as a Stock firmware of ICS 4.0.4 has been leaked out Worldwide and is officially out for UK.
The update has been dubbed as ICS 4.0.4 XXPLQ, since as of now there will be no estimated official release of Jelly Bean for S2, but whenever it’s leaked, we’ll keep updated with you. This is the first ever ICS 4.0.4 firmware which is being coming out for S2. Well, all the things seem to be working fine on this device, although few minor bugs can occur.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with Official XXLQ5 ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- The tutorial we would see today is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100. So, make sure you try this tutorial only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with Official XXLQ5 ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- Grab the ICS 4.0.4 XXLQ5 Package from here to your Computer. And extract it. From extracted folder, open Odin in your computer.
- Now you need to enter your device into download mode which can be entered by pressing and holding Volume Down key + Center key + Power button till the time you see a green robot on your phone confirming that you entered into download mode.
- Make sure you have Opened Odin in your computer.
- Now connect your phone to computer while ensuring Odin is open in your computer.
- As soon as you connect your phone to the computer, the ID: COM section in Odin will turn Yellow.
- Click on the below mentioned tabs to select the corresponding files and after selecting, finally click on ‘Start’ button present in Odin to start the process of firmware update.
PIT – u1_02_20120326_emmc_EXT4_8GB.pit
PDA – I9100_CODE_I9100XXLQ5_CL753921_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
CSC – GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OXALQ5.tar.md5
Phone – MODEM_I9100XXLQ5_REV_02_CL1165929.tar.md5
- The process would take few minutes to complete. After it is done, the phone will reboot on its own and after you see the home screen on your device, disconnect your phone by removing the USB cable.
- Next turn off the phone and enter it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power button. In recovery mode, select the option of t “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” Once it’s done, select “reboot system now”.
- And you have successfully updated your device.
Congo, you’re done with the Android update.