Are you bored with the current firmware on your S2 device? Then we got something new for your device we’ll be checking out below although this firmware isn’t doing well in terms of features but the major plus is that it comes with a host of add-on apps.
Well, this all new custom ROM firmware dubbed as ‘R25 AOKP Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware’ has been dubbed as XXLPX firmware. The best part of applying this update is that it comes with the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware base.
Before you apply this update, you need to ensure that your device is rooted. If you aren’t sure about the same, kindly download the ‘Root Checker’ app from the Google PLAY Store. So, ensure that you your device is rooted or you’re on a rooted firmware.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with R25 AOKP Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- This R25 AOKP Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update is available only & only for Samsung Galaxy S3 G2 I9100 models. So don’t try it with any other models of Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Take full backup of your personal data like SMS, MMS, contacts list, Call logs, etc., from the device, so that if they are lost during the update process, you can use the backup to get back the data.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to ensure that it won’t get switched off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update procedure which is given below.
How to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with R25 AOKP Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- To get started, download R25 AOKP Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Package in your computer and transfer the same to your device with the help of USB data cable. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device from the computer and turn it off.
- Now press the Volume up Key + Home (middle key) simultaneously and while doing so, press the power button to make the device to enter into the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” followed by “Wipe Cache partition” to clear all the caches stored in the Smartphone.
- Once done, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose Zip from SD card” and select the ‘R25 AOKP Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update package’. The installation will begin and it will get completed with few minutes.
- Once the installation is over, the device will land back in recovery mode. Now, select “Go back” followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in normal mode.
There you go! Now you have successfully installed R25 AOKP Jellybean 4.1.1 on galaxy S2 GT I9100 Android Device.