Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 can now enjoy the advantages of Android ICS 4.0.4 with the help of Resurrection Remix custom ROM firmware. In due course of this article, we will teach you how to update your Galaxy S2 to this new firmware.
The Resurrection Remix custom ROM firmware ropes on the Android ICS 4.0.4 version and is based on the IMM76I ICS 4.0.4 firmware. It also comes out with the latest Apex launcher and this firmware is one of more stable custom ROM firmwares available for Galaxy S2 Android smartphone.
This firmware comes with plenty of additional stock options and it is in its beta stages right now, so we expect plenty of developments in the coming days. Also, please note that this firmware update is not an official one from Google or from Samsung, but from a third party developer. So, proceed at your own risk.
Important: We will not be held responsible or liable for damages that might occur to your device while following the firmware update tutorial given below.
Pre-Requisites To Update Galaxy S2 With ICS 4.0.4 based Resurrection Remix Custom ROM Firmware
- This ICS 4.0.4 based Resurrection Remix Custom ROM Firmware is only applicable for Galaxy S2 GT I9100 users. So don’t try it with any other models of Galaxy S2.
- Your device must be rooted for applying this firmware update. Otherwise, this update will not work. If you haven’t rooted your device before, follow the instructions given below to root it
- During the update process, your personal data in Galaxy S2 might get deleted. So, take full backup of Contacts List, call logs, SMS, MMS, etc., using appropriate backup applications.
- Ensure that your smartphone’s battery level is above 50%, or else the device might get switched off while performing the update.
- Disable all the antivirus applications in your smartphone and computer to avoid disrupption from them.
- Enable USB debugging mode in your smartphone by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
If you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update instructions given below.
How To Update Galaxy S2 With ICS 4.0.4 based Resurrection Remix Custom ROM Firmware
- To get started, download Resurrection Remix Custom ROM firmware package directly into your computer.
- Once downloaded, connect your Galaxy S3 with the computer using the USB data cable and transfer the downloaded package to the device. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device from the computer and turn it off.
- Now press and hold the Volume Up button along with the Home key button (the middle button), and while doing so Turn on your device so that it can enter into the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” to clear all the data caches in your device. Once done, select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache from your device as well.
- Once done, select “Install zip from SD card” followed by “Choose Zip from SD Card” and select the Resurrection Remix Custom ROM firmware package which you have transferred to the device before. The installation will begin and it will roughly take 7-10 minutes to get completed.
- Upon successful installation, Galaxy S2 will land back on the recovery mode screen. Now select “Go back” followed by “reboot system now”. Upon reboot, your device will boot normally.
Congrats! Now you have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 smartphone with ICS 4.0.4 based resurrections Remix Custom ROM firmware.