Samsung Galaxy S2 users can now get the feel of the newly released Galaxy S3 in their smartphone with the help of the Salman ICS 4.0.3 Custom ROM firmware. We don’t know why they have named this custom ROM firmware, but we believe it has nothing to do with the bollywood hero Salman Khan.
Well, in due course of this article we will teach you to install this Custom ROM firmware on your Galaxy S2. This Salman Custom ROM firmware comes with all the goodies of Galaxy S3 smartphone along with plenty of useful features and it ropes on the Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich mobile OS.
Important: Don’t held us responsible or liable for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure.
Pre-Requisites To Update Galaxy S2 With S3 Looking Salman ICS 4.0.3 Custom ROM Firmware
- The S3 Looking Salman ICS 4.0.3 Custom ROM Firmware is released for updating Samsung Galaxy S3 Android smartphone. So, don’t try it with any other devices.
- To get this firmware update, your Galaxy S2 should be rooted. It can be rooted in any version, but if your device is not rooted then this firmware update will not work. To check the rooting status of your device, download and install the “Root Checker” android app and check the status of rooting in your S2 smartphone. If it is not rooted follow this tutorial to root your device – Root Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 on XXLQ5 ICS 4.0.4 Firmware [How To]
- During the firmware update, there is a greater chance your might lose your personal data in the device. So, take full backup of Contacts list, call logs, SMS, MMS, etc., using appropriate data backup applications before getting started with the procedure.
- Ensure that your mobile has a minimum battery of 50% left in it, before getting started with the update process.
- Disable all the antivirus applications in your mobile and computer to avoid interruption from them during the firmware update.
- Enabel USB debugging mode in your device by follow the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have completed all these pre-requisites, you can move on to the main instructions given below for updating your device with the new Custom ROM firmware.
How To Update Galaxy S2 With S3 Looking Salman ICS 4.0.3 Custom ROM Firmware
- To get started, download the Salman Custom ROM Firmware Package directly into your computer.
- Once downloaded, connect your Galaxy S2 to the computer using the original USB data cable and transfer the downloaded package to the device. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device from the computer and turn it off.
- Once done, press and hold the Volume Up button, the Home key button (the middle button) and while doing so turn ON your device, so that it can enter into the “recovery mode”.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” followed by “Wipe Cache partition” to wipe out all the cached data in your device.
- Now select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose Zip from SD Card” and select the S3 looking Salman Custom ROM Firmware Package which has already been transferred to your device. The installation will begin and it will take 7-10 minutes to get completed. Once it the over, the device will show up the recovery mode screen again.
- Select “Go back” now, followed by “reboot system now”. The device will take few minutes to reboot and 7-10 minutes to show up the country and language selector, so don’t panic.
There you go! Now you have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone with S3 looking Salman ICS 4.0.3 Custom ROM firmware.