The LTE powered Samsung Galaxy S3 is all set to debut in the month of October will gives a very tough fight for the latest iPhone5 which was released by Apple last week.
Full credits will goes to the Sammobile for coming up with this firmware even before the smartphone has arrived. If you plan to buy this smartphone then this article will surely help you. The firmware is titled as XXALI5 which is a Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware.
As of now it is not clear on whether the update will be coming with ICS or jellybean 4.1 firmware out of the box. Most probably, the out of the box firmware version will be ICS Android 4.0.4 one.
Before you start to proceed please take necessary precautions which we have given below to update this firmware successfully and safely in your Samsung Galaxy S3 4GLTE I9305 device.
IMPORTANT : Please make a note that this firmware can only be applied by the users of I9305 latched on the Optus Network.
Pre requisites to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 4GLTE I9305 with Official Jellybean 4.1.1 XXALI5 Firmware:
- Before start to apply this update we strongly recommend you to take backup of all your precious data (i.e SMS, MMS, Call logs, APNs etc) present in your phone. Just in case; if your data might corrupted or erased due to any reasons you can easily recover them with the help of backup.
- Once you have created a backup of the data, move all the backup files to your computer so that they are safe.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of atleast 40% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
- And also install the KIES tool in your computer as it will ensure that all the drivers are installed in your computer as it will be required in the firmware installation process.
So, once you confirmed you have done all the above mentioned instructions, then you can switch over to the next steps where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this firmware update.
DISCLAIMER : Please follow the given below instructions properly or else it may damage your device we won’t be held responsible or liable for that.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 4GLTE I9305 with Official Jellybean 4.1.1 XXALI5 Firmware:
- First download the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 XXALI5 firmware package and Odin to your computer.
- Once it has been downloaded, extract the same and then open the Odin file in your computer.
- Once the Odin is opened, please turn OFF your phone so that it can enter into the download mode.
- Download mode in Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9305 can be entered by pressing the Volume Down rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned OFF. If the device starts in the normal mode, you need to retry the process of the entering the device into the download mode.
- In download mode, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and click on “PDA” in Odin to select the tar file which you have got after extracting the firmware zip file.
- Now, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB Cable and then you will see that in odin the ID : COM section will turn Yellow.
NOTE : Just in case, if ID : COM section does not turn yellow, then install the USB Drivers in your computer and go to the path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Now, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. As soon as the firmware is updated successfully, the device will be rebooted automatically.
- Don’t disconnect the device until you see the home screen in your computer.
NOTE : In rare cases, the device gets into the boot loop sequence or gets stuck in the welcome screen, if you too face the same problem then simply reinsert the battery and re-follow the instructions which we have given above.
- If you want to check whether the update is successfully updated in your device or not; then go the path Settings > About Phone there you can see the firmware version as Jellybean 4.1.1 XXALI5 firmware.
Congo! now you have successfully applied the update of Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware in your Samsung Galaxy S3 4GLTE I9305 device.