AOKP (Android Open Kang Project) is out for Samsung Galaxy S III devices and along with that, it even comes with various added features and we would be sharing a tutorial below to upgrade your devices to AOKP based Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware.
Presently there is no info about the official timeline of the Jellybean update for Galaxy S3 but we should be thankful to the leaks and the developers who work too hard to make Jellybean 4.1.1 update possible.
Note that this isn’t an official firmware update but it’s a custom ROM which has been developed by one of the XDA Senior Member. Also, be informed that this one is just a preview and not a final release since there are too many bugs which will be fixed in the coming days.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with AOKP based Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- This AOKP based Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update is available only & only for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 models. So don’t try it with any other models of Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Take full backup of your personal data like SMS, MMS, contacts list, Call logs, etc., from the device, so that if they are lost during the update process, you can use the backup to get back the data.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to ensure that it won’t get switched off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update procedure which is given below.
How to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with AOKP based Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- Before getting started with the procedure given below, kindly ensure that your device is rooted. If you’re not sure whether its rooted or not, then kindly check it by downloading the ‘Root Checker App’ from the Google PLAY Store.
- To get started, download AOKP 4.1.1 Firmware Package & Google Apps Package in your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer and transfer the packages to the device. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device and turn it off.
- Now press the Volume up Key + Center Key and while doing so, press the power button to enter into the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose Zip from SD card” and select the Jellybean AOKP 4.1.1 firmware update package. The installation will begin and it will get completed with few minutes. Once done, repeat the procedure for installing the Google Apps Package.
- Once the installation is over, select “Go back” in recovery mode followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in normal mode.
There you go! Now you have successfully updated Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with AOKP based Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Android device.