All Galaxy S3 users who have rooted their devices and installed it with the newest version of Cyanogen Mod 9 firmware can now update their devices with the all new AOKP version of firmware which was previously released for devices like Galaxy S, Galaxy S2, etc.
The main feature is that AOKP builds are highly featured. Readers need to be informed that this is not an official firmware by Samsung Electronics but this ROM has been developed by AOKP team. This is an initial build, so some bugs can occur in it which would be fixed in future builds.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with AOKP Custom ROM Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only Samsung Galaxy SIII I9300. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with AOKP Custom ROM Firmware
- Download AOKP Custom ROM Firmware & Google Apps Package directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the files you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode. To enter into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Up + Center Key + Power button.
- In recovery mode, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’ so that you can clear the cache and after clearing the cache reboot the device.
- Next, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then select the AOKP ROM firmware package along with Google Apps as you transferred these files earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- After it is done, select the option of ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
Now when your Samsung Galaxy S3 Android Phone boots up, you would be running AOKP Custom ROM Firmware.