Galaxy S3 is the all new Smartphone released by Samsung and it is yet to arrive in all countries but here we are with a tutorial to update your Samsung Galaxy S3 with the ICS 4.0.3 XXALE9 Firmware.
This firmware fixes issues related to battery life of the phone and also fixes screen brightness issues. Also, be informed that this is an official update by Samsung Electronics and not a leaked Android update. As this is a boot loader free update, any unlocked Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 device can apply this update.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with Latest ICS 4.0.3 XXALE9 Firmware
- The tutorial we would see today is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300. So, make sure you try this tutorial only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path - “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with Latest ICS 4.0.3 XXALE9 Firmware
- Grab the XXALE9 ICS 4.0.3 Firmware package from here to your Computer and extract the same. And extract it. Next, download Odin and after that open it in your computer.
- Now you need to enter your device into download mode which can be entered by pressing and holding Volume Down key + Center Key + Power button till the time you see a green robot on your phone confirming that you entered into download mode.
- Make sure you have Opened Odin in your computer.
- Now connect your phone to computer while ensuring Odin is open in your computer.
- As soon as you connect your phone to the computer, the ID: COM section in Odin will turn Yellow.
- Click on “PDA” tab to select the tar file which can be found from the extracted folder and then finally click on ‘Start’ button present in Odin to start the process of firmware update.
- The process would take few minutes to complete. After it is done, the phone will reboot on its own and will ask you to select the Country and Language preferences.
- Next, you can get the home screen by following on screen instructions.
- Now turn off your phone and enter it into recovery mode by pressing a combination of these buttons: Volume Down + Center Key + Power button.
- In recovery mode, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’ so that you can clear the cache. Now select ‘Go back and then reboot system now to restart your phone into normal mode.
Congrats, you have now successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with Latest ICS 4.0.3 XXALE9 Firmware.
Incoming search terms:
- samsung gt-9300t firmware