Finally Omega v12 custom ROM firmware is available and it’s a stable firmware version dubbed as XXBLG9 which ropes into the all new version of ICS 4.0.4 firmware version. This custom ROM firmware is extremely featured. Readers need to be aware that this Custom ROM has been developed by a famous and developer who is a member of XDA.
Before applying this update, you need to ensure that your device is rooted. If you’re not sure, download the ‘Root Checker’ Application from the Google PLAY Store.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with Latest Omega v12 Custom ROM firmware
- This Omega v12 Custom ROM firmware update is available only & only for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 models. So don’t try it with any other models of Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Take full backup of your personal data like SMS, MMS, contacts list, Call logs, etc., from the device, so that if they are lost during the update process, you can use the backup to get back the data.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to ensure that it won’t get switched off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update procedure which is given below.
How to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with Latest Omega v12 Custom ROM firmware
- To get started, download Omega 12 Custom ROM Firmware Package in your computer and transfer the same to your device with the help of USB data cable. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device from the computer and turn it off.
- Now press the Volume down Key + Home key (middle button) button simultaneously and while doing so, press the power button to make the device to enter into the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” followed by “Wipe Cache partition” to clear all the caches stored in the Smartphone.
- Next, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose Zip from SD card” and select the Omega 12 ROM firmware update package. The installation will begin and it will get completed with few minutes.
- Once the installation is over, the device will land back in recovery mode. Now, select “Go back” followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in normal mode.
There you go! Now you have successfully updated Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with latest Omega v12 Custom ROM firmware Android device.