Wanamlite ICS firmware, one of the popular custom ROM firmware around is now available for Galaxy S3 GT I9300 users and below we’ll be checking out how you can install this latest version ICS firmware XXBLG9 which is basically an ICS build. This custom ROM is dubbed as WanamLite ICS Custom ROM firmware.
Well, basically there are two versions of WanamLite, one if of Jellybean 4.1 which is still unstable as prescribed by the developer and the other one is the ICS which we’re checking out in this article which is even stable. Full credits to the wanam developer for coming out with this update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with WanamLite ICS Custom ROM Firmware
- This Wanamlite ICS update is available only & only for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 models. So don’t try it with any other models of Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Take full backup of your personal data like SMS, MMS, contacts list, Call logs, etc., from the device, so that if they are lost during the update process, you can use the backup to get back the data.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to ensure that it won’t get switched off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update procedure which is given below.
How to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with WanamLite ICS Custom ROM Firmware
- To get started, download WanamLite Custom ROM firmware package in your computer and transfer the same to your device with the help of USB data cable. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device from the computer and turn it off.
- Now press the Volume up Key + Home (middle key) simultaneously and while doing so, press the power button to make the device to enter into the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” followed by “Wipe Cache partition” to clear all the caches stored in the Smartphone.
- Once done, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose Zip from SD card” and select the ‘WanamLite firmware update package’. The installation will begin and it will get completed with few minutes.
- Once the installation is over, the device will land back in recovery mode. Now, select “Go back” followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in normal mode.
There you go! Now you have successfully installed WanamLite ICS on galaxy S3 GT I9300 Android Device.