The Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 smartphone users can now enjoy with the new firmware version which is titled as XXDLI5 Jellybean. This update ropes in the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware and is having the built on the JROo3C Jellybean base band kernel.
In this article, we are guiding you how to update this firmware in Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 android smartphone.
Be informed that, this is not the final and official release of Jellybean 4.1.1 release; it is just a test release which may come with few errors but can be fixed in the upcoming days.
Since, this firmware is the beta test release, after applying this update the device won’t be detected in the KIES.
DISCLAIMER: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Tutorial to root the device:
First check your device whether it is rooted or not. If you or not sure about the same then download the Root checker app from the Google Play Store and check.
Applying this update will no longer be rooting the device and also the best part of Galaxy S3 is on any of the custom ROM firmware, the warranty will be restored.
Pre-requisites to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with XXDLI5 Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware:
- Before start to apply this update we strongly advise you to take backup of all the data (i.e SMS, MMS, Call logs etc) present in your phone. If you lost your data while applying this update due to any reasons you can easily recover them with the help of backup.
- But don’t use the KIES to back up the data because it does not recognize the device.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to prevent your device getting switched-off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
So once you have performed all the aforementioned instructions then follow the given below steps to update this firmware in your Galaxy S3 device.
How to Update Galaxy S3 with XXDLI5 Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware:
- Once it is downloaded, you need to extract the Firmware zip file and Odin. Open the Odin executable file in your computer and turn OFF your Galaxy S3 device so that it can be entered in the download mode.
- The download mode in Galaxy S3 GT I9300 can be entered in recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned Off.
- If the device starts in the normal mode, then again try the process of the entering device into the download mode.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and click on “PDA” in Odin to select the tar file “I9300XXDLI5_I9300OXADLI5_I9300XXDLI5_HOME.tar.md5”. Ensure that the ID : COM section in Odin has turned yellow.
NOTE : If ID:COM section does not turn Yellow, install the USB Drivers in your computer and go to the path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Now Click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Make sure that the re-partition option is not ticked.
- Please make a note that the device will take more time than the expected time for rebooting the device.
- If you want to check whether the firmware is applied successfully or not, you will have to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” where it will be shown as Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Update.
NOTE : Just in case, your device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just reinsert the battery and re follow the above mentioned instructions.
So that’s it you have now successfully applied the update of Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware in your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 smartphone.