All Samsung Galaxy S III users can now upgrade their devices to all new Jellybean 4.1 firmware update. However, we’ll be checking out a detailed tutorial below to upgrade your devices to the all new Jelly 4.1.1 firmware right on Galaxy S3 Smartphone.
This latest firmware is the XXLBH4. Best part of this update is that universal search feature is being inducted again in this which was removed in the last firmware version.
Note that this is a leaked firmware and not an official firmware. Well, there’s no info on the official release of this update yet. Since this firmware is still in the beta stages, there might be few bugs which would be addressed in the future updates.
Before applying this update, kindly ensure that your device is rooted. If you’re nto sure whether your device is rooted or not, then just download the ‘Root Check’ app directly from the Google PLAy Store to check the same.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with XXLBH4 Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- This CM10 firmware update is available only & only for HTC Wildfire S models. So don’t try it with any other models of Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Take full backup of your personal data like SMS, MMS, contacts list, Call logs, etc., from the device, so that if they are lost during the update process, you can use the backup to get back the data.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to ensure that it won’t get switched off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update procedure which is given below.
How to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with XXLBH4 Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- To get started, download XXBLG8 and XXBLH4 Firmware package in your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer and transfer the packages to the device. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device and turn it off.
- Now press the Volume up Key button and Home Key (middle button) simultaneously, press the power button to enter boot loader mode. In boot loader mode, select recovery option and press power button to enter the same.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” followed by “Wipe Cache partition” to clear all the caches stored in the Smartphone.
- Next, select the option “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose Zip from SD card” and select the “XXBLG8 ICS firmware update package”. The installation will begin and it will get completed with few minutes. Once done, repeat the procedure for installing the “XXBLH4 Jelly Bean Firmware”.
- Once the installation is over, select “Go back” in recovery mode followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in normal mode.
There you go! Now you have successfully updated Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with XXLBH4 Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Android Device.