In due course of this article, we will guide you how to update the Galaxy S3 T999 device to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via tMIUI Jelly Bean custom ROM firmware. It is another Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM firmware that has been made available for the already excellent T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999.
Full credits will goes to Tejh, the XDA developers who developed this ROM. According to him, when the phone runs on this ROM the screen gets flashed but it can be resolved by disabling “HW Overlays” from the Settings menu.Hence this is not an official ROM it may have few bugs.
COMPATIBILITY: The instructions and guide which we have given below is only for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3, having the model number of SGH-T999. So, don’t try this with any other device if you do so it will cause damage to your device.
Pre-requisites to Update Galaxy S3 T999 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via tMIUI Jelly Bean custom ROM:
- Before you start to apply this update in your device, first check whether your device is installed with ClockworkMod Recovery. If not so install the same.
- We strongly recommend you to take a backup of all your valuable data (i.e SMS, MMS, Photos, Videos, Contacts) present in your phone. Because, if you lost your data due to any reason you can easily get back with the help of them.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of atleast 50% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you confirmed you have done all the above mentioned instructions, then you can switch over to the next steps which we have given below to apply this firmware update in your device.
DISCLAIMER: Use the given below instructions at your own risk we should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device.
How to Update Galaxy S3 T999 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via tMIUI Jelly Bean custom ROM:
- First download the tMIUI Jelly Bean ROM for T-Mobile Galaxy S3. Once downloaded, then copy this file into your phone’s internal SD card.
- Now, turn OFF the phone and boot the phone into ClockworkMod Recovery. For that you need to hold down the Volume up button, Home button and Power button.
- Release the buttons when screen turns ON. While in ClockworkMod Recovery, use the volume keys to scroll and the Power Button to select.
- Create a NANDroid backup of your existing ROM. This can be useful in case you need to revert to your previous ROM. To create such backup, select backup and restore> backup from the recovery menu.
- Return to the main recovery menu. Now select wipe data/Factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select install Zip from SD Card>Choose ZIP from SD card. Select the ROM’s ZIP file and confirm that you want to install it.
- Once you have selected you need to wait for few minutes upto installation gets finished in your device.
- When installation gets over, select Go back option to return to the main menu.
- Now select Reboot system now to restart to your phone into the new ROM. Please make a note that it will take longer time than expected time for first boot.
Congratulations! now you have successfully update the tMIUI Jelly Bean ROM on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999.