Parandroid Custom ROM firmware brings the experience of the tablet mode user interface for Smartphone and this update is now available for Samsung S II GT I9100.
Before you apply this update, you need to ensure that your device is rooted and once you root the device, the warranty gets void and the only way to reclaim the warranty is by applying the official update or stock firmware.
Over a period of article, we’ll check a guide to apply this update along with a list of pre-requisites.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites Update Galaxy SII with Tablet UI based Parandroid Custom ROM Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with Galaxy S II GT I9100. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Galaxy SII with Tablet UI based Parandroid Custom ROM Firmware
- Download Parandroid Custom ROM Firmware and Google Apps Package directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the files you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode. To enter into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Up + home (middle key) + Power button. In recovery mode, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’ so that you can clear the cache.
- In recovery mode, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then select the Parandroid ROM file along with Google Apps ZIP file as you transferred these files earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- After it’s done, select the option of ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
Now when your Samsung Galaxy S2 Android Phone boots up, you would be running Parandroid Custom ROM Firmware.