Google Nexus 7 tablet has got its first firmware update which is undoubtedly the Android Jellybean 4.1.1. This official Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware update fixes lot of bugs in the Nexus 7 tablets. Now with this firmware, we can play all the HD games available for Nexus 7 without any issues at all.
This official update from Google has been made available for all the countries, although it is now restricted to some countries. In due course of this article, we will check how to manually update your Nexus tablet to this newly released firmware.
Important: Don’t held us responsible or liable for any damages that might occur to your device while following the firmware update tutorial given below.
Pre-Requisites To Update Google ASUS Nexus 7 Tablet With Official Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- This Official Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware has been released for Google Nexus 7 tablets. So don’t try this with any other devices.
- For applying this Jellybean 4.1.1 update, you will need to have a rooted Nexus 7 tablet. If you are not sure about the rooting status of your tablet, download the “Root checker” app from Google play store and check the status. If your tablet is not rooted, follow this Nexus 7 rooting tutorial to root your device.
- Ensure that your tablet has a minimum of 60% charge left in its battery, so that it won’t get switched off during the update process.
If you have followed all these pre-requisites, you can move on with the main update instructions which are given below.
How To Update Google ASUS Nexus 7 Tablet With Official Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
- To get started, download Nexus 7 Jellybean 4.1.1 Update Package directly to your computer.
- Now connect your tablet to the computer using the USB data cable and transfer the downloaded package to the device. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the tablet from the computer and turn it off.
- Now press and hold the Volume up and the Volume down key in the tablet, and while doing so press the Power button, so that your device can be entered into the clock work mod recovery mode.
- In clock work mod recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD Card” and select the Nexus 7 Jellybean 4.1.1 package which has been transferred to your device before. The update process will begin and it will get completed within few minutes.
- Upon successful update, select “Go back” in the clock work mod recovery mode followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your tablet will boot normally.
That’s it. Now you have successfully updated your Google ASUS Nexus 7 Android tablet with Official Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware.