As well all know HP Touch Pad is running on the Web OS, the platform which was completely abandoned by HP. But the best part of this device is that its hardware has been designed to work very well on the Android operating system. The AOKP team who are famous for releasing stable ROM’s have released a ICS 4.0 Firmware for the HP Touch Pad.
This firmware is the latest Build 40, which is the more stable ROM firmwares. Please be informed that this firmware update is not an official release from HP or from Google, but from a third part release.
Important: We and the developers of this firmware will not be held responsible or liable for the damages or inconveniences you might encounter by following this tutorial.
How To Update HP Touch Pad with Latest ICS 4.0 based AOKP Build 40 Firmware
- Download Java Plugin and Palm Novacom driver from here and install them on your computer.
- Install Acme Installer 2, Cyanogen Mod 9 File , moboot_0.3.5.zip & Google Apps (gapps-ics-20120215-signed.zip) which are necessary files for HP Touch pad in your computer.
- Now place the ACME Installer 2 in the same directory of your computer, where you have installed the Palm Novacom driver.
- Connect your HP Touch Pad to your computer using a Data cable and copy all the above four mentioned files to your device. Once the transfer is over, disconnect the device from the computer.
- Now restart your HP Touch Pad by following this path – Home > Settings > Device Info > Restart.
- Once done, press and hold the Volume Up button on your device until you see the USB Icon. Now connect your device to your computer again and open the command prompt.
- In command prompt, enter “CD/” followed by “dir” (which will list down all the directories). Now type “cd program files” followed by “cd Palm, Inc”.
- Enter the following command in the command prompt screen.
novacom.exe boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller2
- Once you do this, you will notice that the USB icon has been disappeared. If it doesn’t you will need to reboot your computer.
- If you have followed this steps correctly, upon reboot you will notice that your HP Touch Pad will boot in Moboot using which you can boot onto the Cynogen Mod by pressing home button. Also, if you wish you can also revert back to Web OS by pressing the Volume Up and Down keys simulatenously.
That’s it. Now you have successfully updated your HP Touch Pad Android device with the latest ICS 4.0 Based AOKP Build 40 Firmware.