In recent times, HTC Desire HD users were feeling pretty miserable just because of the reason that HTC wasn’t bringing any new firmware updates, but we should be now thankful to XDA developers who have a developed a Custom ROM firmware for HTC Desire HD and this Custom ROM ropes into latest ICS firmware which is dubbed as Blackout ICS.
This firmware is based on Incredible S and requires full wipe before you apply this update. Readers also need to keep a note of one thing that it’s not an official firmware by HTC. The special thing about this update is that it comes with the latest Sense 3.6 and ICS 4.0.4 firmware build.
Before you apply this update, ensure that your device is rooted. As per the developer, the ROM is pretty stable and doesn’t have any bugs and full credits for this ROM go to XDA developer QD2DC for coming out with this release.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites to Update HTC Desire HD with Blackout ICS 4.0.4 Custom ROM Firmware
- This Blackout ICS 4.0.4 custom ROM firmware update is available only & only for HTC Desire HD models. So don’t try it with any other models of Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Take full backup of your personal data like SMS, MMS, contacts list, Call logs, etc., from the device, so that if they are lost during the update process, you can use the backup to get back the data.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to ensure that it won’t get switched off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update procedure which is given below.
How to Update HTC Desire HD with Blackout ICS 4.0.4 Custom ROM Firmwarer
- To get started, download Blackout ICS Custom ROM firmware package in your computer and transfer the same to your device with the help of USB data cable. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device from the computer and turn if off.
- Now press the Volume Down while doing so, press the power button to make the device to enter into the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” followed by “Wipe Cache partition” to clear all the caches stored in the Smartphone.
- Once done, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose Zip from SD card” and select the Blackout ICS 4.0.4 custom ROM firmware. The installation will begin and it will get completed with few minutes.
- Once the installation is over, the device will land back in recovery mode. Now, select “Go back” followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in normal mode.
There you go! Now you have successfully installed Blackout ICS 4.0.4 custom ROM firmware on HTC Desire HD Android Device.