So here comes ICS 4.0.4 firmware update for HTC Desire S. Yes, you read it right. This is ICS 4.0.4 firmware dubbed as Virtuous Saga v1.0. This custom ROM comes with the latest Sense 3.6 version and is based on the RUU 3.04.401.1 and comes with the 3.0.16 kernel.
It has some great feature with it. Well, keep a note of this thing that this is not an official update by HTC and we have no ETA on when there would be an official Android ICS update. Well, we’ll check a detailed tutorial to apply this update along with pre-requisites.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update HTC Desire S with ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with HTC Desire S. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
Steps to Update HTC Desire S with ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- Download ICS 4.0.4 Firmware directly to your Computer.
- Transfer the file you downloaded to your phone by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into boot loader mode. To enter into boot loader mode, press and hold Volume Up + OK + Power button. In boot loader mode, select the option ‘recovery’ to enter into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then select the ‘ICS 4.0.4 firmware’ as you transferred the file earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes. Once it’s done, just select the option of ‘clear cache’ to wipe off all the data.
- Next up, in recovery mode, select ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart into normal mode.
So, you’re done with the update!
Incoming search terms:
- UpdateHTCDesireSWithICS4 0 4Firmware HowTo -BestAndroidBlog