One can apply Alex V 1.8 Gingerbread Sense HD ROM firmware in HTC Desire Smartphone. This is custom firmware which is derived from AOSP system having minimal amount of errors.
It’s being informed that this is unofficial update which is not introduced by HTC in any form, as well; we don’t have any information regarding official update for Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.
As this custom firmware is built by Alex V, we dedicate full credits to his group. In following tutorial, we will be seeing a detailed tutorial to apply this update.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update HTC Desire with Alex V 1.8 Custom ROM Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with HTC Desire. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update HTC Desire with Alex V 1.8 Custom ROM Firmware
- Download Desire S Alex V Custom ROM firmware package & Radio .
- Transfer the files you downloaded to your phone’s internal memory by connecting your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Now we will have to enter the device into recovery mode and to do the same, turn off your phone and then Volume Down + Power button.
- In recovery mode, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and on the next screen, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then choose the Alex V ROM file and Radio as you transferred them earlier and the installation process would start and finish in 5-8 minutes.
- After it is successfully finished, go back to the main recovery menu and select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition’ on the next screen.
- As its done, select, ‘+++Go back+++’ and then ‘reboot System now’ and the device would restart.
Now when your HTC Desire Android device boots up, you would be running Alex V 1.8 Custom ROM Firmware.