HTC Desire continues to flutter custom firmware updates but unfortunately not the official firmware from HTC.
In due course of this article we are guiding you how to install the latest AOKP Milestone 6 ICS 4.0 Firmware.
Before start to install this update in your device you need to do some prior steps to achieve your ultimate target in a successful manner. We have explained all those things in succeeding lines.
DISCLAIMER: We are not responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-requisites to install AOKP Milestone 6 ICS 4.0 Firmware in HTC Desire:
- Before you start to apply this update in your device, we strongly recommend you to take a backup of all your valuable data (i.e SMS,MMS,Photos, Videos,Contacts) present in your phone. Because, if you lost your data due to any reason you can easily recover with the help of them.
- But do not use HTC Sync for backing up the data as it does not recognize the device in custom ROM firmwares.
- Make sure that you have left minimum battery level of 50% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you confirmed you have done all the above mentioned instructions, then you can head over to the next step given below where we have given the detailed procedure to update your device.
How to Update HTC Desire with ICS based AOKP Firmware Update:
- Once the two packages has been downloaded, connect your HTC desire with the computer by using USB cable and place these two files in your device.
- Additionally, you can also download the optional packages like Google Now and place in your device which will helpful for you in the recovery mode.
- After placing the files, disconnect the HTC Desire device and turn OFF the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- The Recovery Mode can be entered by pressing the Volume Down button + Power Button till you see the recovery mode screen on your phone.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from SD card” and then choose the placed AOKP Firmware package and Google Apps.
- Once the selection is over, the firmware will be applied within 10 minutes, you can see the progress of firmware update with the help of a progress bar.
- Please note that while restarting your device, it will take more time than normal so you have to wait until the device rebooting into the normal mode.
You can check whether your device is updated with the firmware by using the path “Settings > About Phone” there you can see the current firmware version of ICS 4.0 firmware with AOKP as built.
In case, if you face any force close errors or issues then you can get into the recovery mode and clear the cache and wipe the data.
Once your device has been restarted, there you go, you have now successfully updated AOKP based custom ROM firmware in your HTC Desire android smartphone.