HTC Desire users can now update their Android version to 4.0.4 with the help of the newly released custom ROM firmware which ropes on Android ICS 4.0.4. In due course of this article we will teach you on how to install this Custom ROM firmware on your HTC Android smartphone.
Please note that this firmware release is not an official one from HTC or from Google, but from a third party developer. So, apply this firmware update on your device at your own risk.
Important: Please follow all the instructions given here carefully. If you don’t adhere with them, your device might get bricked and we should not be held responsible or liable.
Pre-Requisites To Update HTC Desire With ICS 4.0.4 Custom ROM Firmware
- This new ICS 4.0.4 Custom ROM firmware is released for the HTC Desire smartphones alone, so don’t try it with any other devices.
- Before applying this update, make sure that your devices bootloader is unlocked and the S-Off is gained. Also, ensure that your device is rooted and it has custom recovery image in it. Otherwise this update process will not work.
- Take complete backup of Contacts List, call logs, SMS, MMS, etc., in your device using data backup applications, otherwise you might lose them while following the procedure.
- Make sure that your device has a battery backup of more than 50%, before getting started with the firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus softwares from your device and computer as they normally tend to interrupt the update process.
- At last, ensure that the USB debugging mode is enabled in your device. If not, you can enable it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
If you have followed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update instructions which are given below.
How To Update HTC Desire With ICS 4.0.4 Custom ROM Firmware
- To get started, download the ICS 4.0.4 Firmware Package to your computer. Once done, connect your device to the computer using a USB data cable and transfer the downloaded package to your device.
- Upon successful transfer, disconnect your device from the computer and turn it off.
- Now press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power Button of your HTC Desire, so that it can enter into the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD Card” and select the ICS 4.0.4 Firmware Package which has been transferred to the device. The installation process will begin and it will end within 5-10 minutes.
- Once the installation is over, you will see the recovery mode screen again. Now select “Go Back” and then “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in the normal mode.
Congrats! Now you have successfully applied the ICS 4.0.4 Custom ROM firmware update in your HTC Desire smartphone.