GSM version of HTC Evo 3D users can now install all new version of Jelly Bean 4.1. Readers need to keep a note that this isn’t an official update announced by HTC but it’s a custom ROM developed by a XDA member.
The firmware is in early stages, so there are few bugs and issues. Before applying this update, ensure that your device is rooted. If you are not sure that your device is rooted or not, then you shall use the ‘Root Checker’ app which is available at the Google PLAY store.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites to Update HTC Evo 3D GSM with Jellybean 3D 4.1 Custom ROM Firmware
- This Jelly Bean 4.1 update is available only & only for HTC Evo 3D GSM models.
- Take full backup of your personal data like SMS, MMS, contacts list, Call logs, etc., from the device, so that if they are lost during the update process, you can use the backup to get back the data.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to ensure that it won’t get switched off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Once you have performed all these pre-requisites, you can go ahead with the main update procedure which is given below.
How to Update HTC Evo 3D GSM with Jellybean 3D 4.1 Custom ROM Firmware
- To get started, download HTC Evo 3D Jellybean 4.1 Firmware Package in your computer and transfer the same to your device with the help of USB data cable. Upon successful transfer, disconnect the device from the computer and turn it off.
- Now press the Volume Up + OK button simultaneously and while doing so, press the power button to make the device to enter into the recovery mode.
- Once done, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose Zip from SD card” and select the Jelly Bean 4.1 firmware update package. The installation will begin and it will get completed with few minutes.
- Once the installation is over, the device will land back in recovery mode. Now, select “Go back” followed by “reboot system now”. Upon successful reboot, your device will boot in normal mode.
There you go! Now you have successfully installed Jelly Bean 4.1 CM10 firmware on your HTC Evo 3D Android Device.
Incoming search terms:
- 4 3 jelly bean couston rom for htc evo 3d
- upgrade evo 3d to jelly bean